KMyMoney 0.9.2 released
September 15, 2008
the KMyMoney Development Team is proud to announce the immediate availability of version 0.9.2 of "the BEST personal finance manager for FREE users".
This offers many new features and improvements over the existing, stable, 0.8 series; and the previous development version 0.9, see below for just some of these.
It should be emphasized however that this is a development release, and as such some of the
newer features may not be fully functional.
Releases like this are also termed 'unstable', so as such, it is advisable when using it to ensure that you maintain frequent backups of your files, including your current (version 0.8) file. That being said, most of the developers themselves have, of course, been entrusting their own data to this new release for some time!
Many thanks go to our users, translators and designers, who contributed with feedback and patches to make this an excellent release.
New Features and Enhancements
- Multiple improvements and enhancements to HBCI and OFX import, including matching and error
handling, among others
- OFX support for money market accounts
- PGP encryption support for more than one key
- New reports: Forecast, Schedule Information, Account Information, Loan Information, and Reconciliation
- Hierarchy management in the New Account wizard
- Initial support for CMake compilation
- Allow creation of additional Equity accounts and editing of Equity transactions
- Allow direct editing and entering of schedules from Home page
- Allow entering viewing and entering schedules on the Ledger View
- Stylish Home Page layout and more information in the Financial Summary and Payments
- Calculation of returns and multiple currencies in investment reports
- Improved investment transaction and online update dialog
- Better layout of Forecast View
- Improved DB backend, though still in testing phase
- Updated documentation and README files
- Lots of code cleanup
- Added translations: Swedish, Simplified Chinese, Turkish, Romanian
- Updated translations: Argentinian, German, Dutch, Portuguese, Brazilian,
Italian, French, Spanish
- Many bugfixes in multiple areas: categories, search, ledger, reports, keyboard navigation, calculator, budgets, import, schedules, accounts, and loans
This release is still dependent on versions 3 of the KDE Desktop Environment and the Qt
Though it has been known to work in a KDE4 environment, the development (for building from source code) and runtime versions of these products must also be installed.
Once you have updated your file and saved it under the new release, it may still be possible
to read it under the older, 0.8, versions, but this is not guaranteed. Hence the warning above,
to preserve a backup of your current file.
If you are currently running a previous version of this product which you built from source code ('cvs'), it is highly advisable to uninstall it ('make uninstall', 'make clean') before installing this release.
Bugs and Problems
We are eager for as many people as possible to help us by reporting any problems or bugs
which may be encountered in this release. Please report them either to the developer mailing list at
email@example.com, or via the 'Report a bug' link at http://kmymoney2.sourceforge.net/index-devel.html.
The developer list can also be used for any offers of help in documentation, translation or programming.
We thank you all for your support.
(Originally posted on Sourceforge.net by Michael Edwardes)